Position: Financial Analyst - Laser Scanning - Fixed Costs
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
Global Products Group (GPG) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual with excellent data analysis & problem solving skills to be a key contributor in a dynamic business environment. In this role, you are responsible for maintaining & improving Division fixed cost FP&A process, running forecast & planning activities for fixed cost spending components for Engineering, SM&A , Admin, and also handling the associated accounting and fiscal-end close activities. You will work closely with multiple business parties and internal clients, and have a large impact on divisional and company financial performance. You should have working knowledge on major P&L and B/S components, and be able to apply the accounting policies & financial principles to day-to-day financial activities. You are also expected to deliver quality forecast and analytical work, and perform deep dives into the underlying assumptions and quantitative details of all analysis. You will gain valuable experience in this position, which offers significant responsibility and interaction with senior management as well as considerable opportunity to add innovative ideas to the organization.
- Forecast project material and headcount expenses based on business inputs and validate underlying assumptions.
- Develop tools to identify risks and opportunities in the forecast, monitor and report the quarter-to-date actual results against plan and forecast
- Input all forecast and planning work into TM1 financial reporting system, maintain data accuracy in both TM1 and offline working files
- Take full ownership of Division fixed cost process, partner with various business owners to understand the engineering programs and the associated financial impact, key drivers & issues of the business, achieve tight alignment among various business parties and drive the business & financial targets
- Develop spending by program reporting process and monitor throughout the year.
- Develop product portfolio analysis for the Division and report out findings
- Handle month-end and quarter-end close process, meet regular corporate deliverables
- Assist in strategic planning activities
- Prepare routine financial reports and quarterly executive review reports, perform ad hoc
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong sense of ownership
- Solid accounting knowledge and ability to apply the accounting principles to analytical work
- Advanced Excel skill and data-mining skills
- Strong financial analytical and modeling skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, perform under time pressure, cope with the fast-pace environment, prioritize and multi-task
- Attention to details & quality of work, motivated to learn new knowledge, ready to attack complex problems
- Strong ability to partner and build relationships with internal clients, and solve problems independently & proactively
Bachelor's Level Degree or equivalent with at least 3 years of experience
Master's Level Degree or equivalent with at least 2 years of experience
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.