Position: Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
The WIG division is looking for a talented electrical design engineer to join our team and contribute in the area of PCB development and subsystem integration. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated individual contributor that has the vision and initiative to provide technical leadership on the assigned project. The main job functions would include:
- Mixing signal PCB design
- Drive the development, test and integration of complex electrical components and subsystems (including PCBs, Cables, System interconnect) with minimal supervision
- Actively participate in the subsystem integration process collaborating with the SW and Mechanical teams
- Write technical documentation that meets the defined quality standards for manufacturing, service as required
- Interact with manufacturing, service teams to support a smooth product transition into manufacturing
- Solid knowledge of electrical engineering principles, analog digital and mixed signal electronics design both at the theoretical and implementation level
- Experience in the design, development and integration of complex electrical components and subsystems (including PCBs, Cables, System interconnect)
- Knowledge of Altera and/or Xilinx EPLD/FPGA, development tools and programing
- Electrical design engineering skills including design using OrCAD, Python, MatLab
- Experience in analyzing system requirements and define suitable system architectural partitioning to achieve optimal performances, cost and reliability
- Experience in coordinating engineers in different disciplines (mechanical, electrical, software) to drive the resolution of complex system level issues
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Shows sense of urgency and purpose in completing the assigned tasks
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 2 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to Raju.Balaji@kla-tencor.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.