Position: Product Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
Results oriented and driven to excel. The Product Engineer works closely with design engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new Optical Metrology and Inspection products are designed for service and ready the field organization to support them. This includes all of the following and more:
- Assess system electronics, software, and mechanics with respect to design for reliability, stability, and serviceability
- Work closely with Engineering, attending concept and design reviews to provide feedback on serviceability of new designs and potential improvements
- Hands-on work for integration of Alpha/Beta systems, including performing serviceability validation
- Develop expertise on one or more subsystems
- Define the spare parts list and the targeted stocking plan based on known and/or estimated failure rates
- Draft service documentation and take it through to Final Release as well as make as-needed updates
- Provide technical product expertise for service organization, including Technical Trainers, Technical Support and Field Service Teams
- Travel to Beta sites for support of new tool installations/upgrades, and for escalation support of new products
- Help define the Training curriculum and establish the training course for Field Service, including teaching portions of Beta classes
- Flexibility to quickly adjust to program needs and service organization objectives
- MS in Mechanical/Electrical/Optical/Materials Engineering/Physics or related fields
- Strong analytic and data analysis skills
- Must be able to work with wide variety of technologies, including mechanics, electronics, optics and software
- 4+ years progressively more responsible engineering experience
- 4+ year’s semiconductor industry experience highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required and must work well in a team environment
- Experience with Reliability Engineering a plus
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Master's Degree with at least 2 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to Raju.Balaji@kla-tencor.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.