Position: Product Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
We are seeking highly motivated and self-driven engineer to join our Laser Scanning New Product Introduction (NPI) and Service Systems Engineering (SSE) Group. This team is an integrated part of bigger team that works on designing, introducing, and supporting wafer laser inspection systems that our customers use in microchip fabrication. This person will take on increasing responsibilities as an NPI engineer. These include but not limited to the following:
- Work closely with engineering on defining system specs and requirements with focus on serviceability and sustainability.
- Own parts of new systems integration and testing covering proto, alpha, and beta integration and testing in addition to bench testing of new parts and sub assemblies
- Plan and provide training to other users and support personnel as you are expected to be the expert and the go-to person who can help others understand the system
- Provide occasional onsite support when needed for hard problems and troubleshooting or when technical support resources are not available. Travel is expected for approx. 25% of the time
- Provide analysis of system performance metrics both in-house and in the field. This includes technical performance metrics as MTBF, MTTR, and MTBI in addition to other metrics such as cost-of-service, service hours, tools downs, etc. Be able to provide recommendations or decisions based on the data
- Be a champion of change. We are looking for individuals who challenge the status quo and seek to improve on how things are done
- Drive continuous improvement based on feedback and performance metrics from existing systems. Suggest and drive ideas to improve both technically and procedural. This can include hardware and software redesigns, new and improved procedures, and new applications
- Perform and/or drive failure analysis and failure modes tracking. Use information to suggest or drive improvements
The individual should show leadership attributes and good working habits with others. We are very cohesive team, where we highly regard team effort in addition to individual creativity. Chemistry with the rest of the team is extremely important. We work on highly challenging tasks, but at the same time very rewarding and satisfying for individuals who are looking for challenging and yet fun assignments.
PhD degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, optics, physics, or related fields with at least 3 years of experience working in a field requiring analytical skills and troubleshooting.
Preference will be given to individuals who worked on capital equipment, especially semiconductor process or metrology equipment.
Consideration will be given to individuals with lower degrees and/or lower experience but having demonstrated strong abilities, leadership, or worked on directly related industries.
Strong leadership skills is highly desirable.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.