Position: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
- Be responsible for providing assistance to Customer Support Engineers in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex spectroscopic ellipsometric-based and reflectometer-based metrology systems including automated wafer handling, precision multi-axis stages, precise opto-mechanics, advanced computer systems and sophisticated software and diagnostics
- Be the lead/owner and provide solutions with a sense of urgency to complex field escalated issues where the Customer Support Engineer has been unable to resolve these issues at the customer site, including thoroughly understanding and defining the problem, negotiating for resources, gap analysis and providing POAs; or, if the depth of technical understanding requires, reporting to relevant other engineering teams, hosting meetings involving cross-functional teams to discuss the technical issues in detail and acquiring and driving POAs with consensus until the issue is resolved to the satisfaction of the customer and Business Unit
- Be available to travel within region and worldwide to support escalated issues on site
- Able to clearly document troubleshooting processes, technical findings, and standardize solutions throughout the organization
- Contribute to NPI and product sustaining/cost of service reduction by providing feedback on improvement opportunities, participating or owning certain operations in new project introductions and/or continuous improvement projects
- May be involved in customer installation, and upgrade of equipment as well as providing training to KT and non KT personnel
- 5+ year’s hands-on experience in hardware/software integration, testing and troubleshooting of highly complex semiconductor metrology systems
- Proven ability to quickly resolve problems through analysis of measurement data, system log files, system parametric diagnostic data and other test results
- Knowledge of KLA-Tencor FaST division products is a plus
- Good technical presentation skill and communication skill
- Proficient with all office suite applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Require ability to diffuse potentially difficult situations and facilitate solutions agreeable to multiple parties
- Proven leadership skills
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.