Position: Network Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
Corporate Information Technology (IT) partners with each division in KLA-Tencor to develop, engage and promote global enterprise solution leading the way with innovations which meet the business’ needs.
IT infrastructure team plays a key role in enabling highly productive corporate services globally. This team is also responsible for delivering consultative services in support of our world-wide design engineering teams to meet our strategic objectives of bringing new products to market Better, Faster, and Cheaper.
Business Relationship Management (BRM) for Product Divisions, Global Operations and CTO's Office is a technical leadership group within KLA-Tencor IT department responsible for providing solutions to technical and strategic challenges in product development so as to improve product time to market and operational excellence and create a competitive advantage through Information Technology.
- Provide network architecture and consulting engagement with internal and external partners on a day-to-day basis to satisfy field IT requirements
- Work on network upgrades and new site build outs globally with IT security best practices
- Assess wireless landscape periodically in KLA-Tencor's environment and come up with detailed plan and documentation to mitigate and improve network health
- Work as an architect to deploy and manage campus security solutions - Cisco ISE / ACS infrastructure, Cisco VPN
- Work on next generation projects with cloud based services in AWS and Azure with multi-tenant, multi-VPC interconnections across the globe
- Assess global WAN and LAN performance periodically and improve QoS strategies on MPLS and DMVPN networks
- Revamp new network initiatives like multicast networks and iWAN technologies to introduce corporate video streaming service globally
- Periodically assess new network technologies to develop “non-branded” commodity based solutions with the help of SDN and Network virtualization techniques – Cumulus, Open vSwitch, OpenStack, etc
- Work with suite of network monitoring tools like Solarwinds Orion, Netbrain, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and other data analysis tools like Netflow and Splunk to help tune and improve network infrastructure health
- Cisco Network platform - Enterprise Wireless design and Architecture (10K+ users). Large scale ASA Firewalls and Cisco ISE / ACS deployment, Routing and Switching, Nexus data center switching or equivalent
- Cloud based networking technologies in AWS, Azure or equivalent. WAN optimization technologies. Exposure to SDN and network virtualization technologies like NSX, Cisco ACI, etc
- Certifications - CCIE or equivalent
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.