Position: Customer Support Engineer
Location: Malta, NY
Duration: Full time
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
- Primarily responsible for customer service activities associated with updating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of highly complex metrology measurement equipment at customer sites and trade shows
- Represents the company to the customer and assumes accountability for customer satisfaction with service
- Assures operational quality of system equipment
- Coordinates actions with customers to minimize down time
- Provides assistance to Installation Engineers and CSE's 1-2 in resolving problems
- May perform duties associated with Technical Support Engineer
- Follows technical Plans of Action to resolve complex problems
- BSEE/ BSET or equivalent work experience in supporting complex capital equipment for the semiconductor industry
- Typically 5-8 years within the semiconductor industry or equivalent
- 3+ years of metrology measurement experience preferred
- 6+ years in a related highly technical field
Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.