Position: Senior Systems Design Engineer - CCD/CMOS Sensors
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
The Surfscan Product Group is part of KLA-Tencor’s WIG and develops unpatterned wafer surface inspection tools that provide the sensitivity and throughput required for qualification of current and next-generation semiconductor wafer substrates, as well as qualification and monitoring of process tools. Semiconductor device yields begin with bare wafers, and our leading technology provides early insight into surface defect, shape, flatness and nanotopography of the advanced 300mm substrates. Surfscan tools are the recognized market-leader in the unpatterned wafer inspection business.
Our optical inspection and metrology tools will support the next several generations of wafer and IC manufacturing. We incorporate UV laser technology, darkfield optics and advanced algorithms to finds defects down to 15nm in size and enables consistent, high sensitivity detection on engineered substrates.
KLA-Tencor seeks a System Development Engineer. This individual will be responsible for system architecture, modeling, design, integration and characterization of new semiconductor inspection and metrology systems. These activities will include:
- Definition and design of imaging systems and sub-systems to meet customer requirements and business objectives
- Modeling from basic principles the performance of such systems, in particular the interaction of the sensor sub-system with the rest of the system components
- Understanding the performance of existing systems, from signal generation through signal detection and recognition, and devising, implementing, and verifying improvements to these systems
- Defining error budgets and strategies to enable system calibration, stability, and matching
- Leading technical teams through troubleshooting using data-driven fishbone techniques
The ideal candidate:
- Is an innovative thinker, with solid background in multiple areas, preferably optical instrumentation, image sensors, data analysis, and signal processing
- Is able to make whole system connections and see the big picture
- Is capable and willing to design, build and use optical lab setups incorporating high speed electronics
Background in any of the following is a strongly preferred:
- CCD & CMOS sensors
- Image sensor electronics
- Optical microscopy
- Detection system modeling
- Control systems
- Light sources
The candidate should be a self-motivated individual with ability to multitask.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are also needed for extensive interactions with members of a multi-disciplinary global team.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.