Position: Supply Chain Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
KLA-Tencor has manufacturing sites across the globe, including Belgium, China, Germany, Israel, Singapore and Milpitas (CA). The Global Operations (GOPS) team, comprised of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Installation, and Quality, is responsible for manufacturing our leading-edge technology. We partner with our world-wide supply base and our design engineering teams to bring new products to market. The GOPS team is continuously working to build our products Better, Faster, Cheaper.
Responsible for technical sourcing, supplier relationship management, and program management of technical components, subsystems, and systems that are developed with and/or procured from our supply chain. Requires a blend of technical and business expertise as well as solid interpersonal and negotiation skills to contribute, lead, and manage at all organizational levels, both internally and externally. Contribute, lead, and manage cross-functional and cross-divisional (as needed) teams to ensure timely achievement of milestones, effective supplier relationship management, and on-time delivery of high quality material goods and services at the lowest possible costs. These positions lead, co-ordinate, and manage supplier business reviews. They also support, lead, and manage the early involvement of key suppliers in our technology and NPI programs managing the sometimes conflicting technical and business challenges. In addition, these positions support, lead, and manage the achievement of all business objectives, including technology and product requirements, cost reductions, product improvements, and problem resolutions. The positions require a technical understanding of our products, commodities, and components; as well as an understanding of both our suppliers' and our own business and market trends.
- Positions require a minimum of a BS Degree in a technical engineering field or equivalent; In addition, an MBA is preferred. Relevant industry experience in engineering or product development, as well as experience in manufacturing operations, supply chain, or procurement. Experience in marketing is a plus. Technical sales experience will also be considered
- Positions require solid technical, business, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and execute sourcing strategies that map to and support overall business strategies.
- Ability to lead complex supplier relationship and negotiations
- Ability to develop and manage supplier business reviews and scorecards
- Able to ensure compliance with company supply chain management best practices, policies, procedures, and external compliance requirements
- Ability to contribute and drive technical solutions both internally and externally
- Domestic and international travel may be required
Bachelor's Degree with at least 8 years of experience preferably in the semiconductor equipment industry.
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.