Position: Technical Writer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
We are looking for a technical writer who has a hands-on approach to documentation; a self-starter who will work with various subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand and gather the relevant semiconductor capital equipment information and compose clear, effective documentation for technical and non-technical personnel.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the preparation, production, and distribution of engineering hardware technical publications
- Develop documentation plans, schedules, and providing status of projects and deliverables
- Work on multiple products simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Write, update and validate service documentation for field personnel
- Ensure that documentation complies with corporate guidelines, displays a consistent voice, and is easily understood by the end-user
- Proficient in the following technical publication tools: MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Snag-IT, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Knowledge or experience of Content Management Systems (CMS) and electronic workflow. Experience with Documentum is a plus
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, and editorial
- Experience working in hardware or capital equipment technologies
- Ability to multi-task several projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of technical writing experience OR Master's Degree with at least 3 years of experience
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 1 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.