Position: Product Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Product Engineer with a strong desire and potential to grow and take on broader responsibilities to join our New Product Introduction (NPI) and Service Systems Engineering (SSE) Team. This team is an integrated part of a bigger organization that works on designing, introducing, and supporting leading edge wafer inspection systems in the semiconductor industry.
As a Senior Product Engineer, you are expected to be able to fulfill technical responsibilities during new product introduction, also function as a project lead to lead your team members to complete all aspects of complex product introduction, ensure service readiness. Detailed major responsibilities are below:
- Quickly learn and acquire thorough technical understanding of complex systems, work closely with design engineering team to define system specs and requirements, provide viable solutions or suggestions to influence design, effectively ensure system serviceability and sustainability at minimized cost
- May own entire or a portion of proto, alpha, and beta systems integration and test, in addition to bench testing of new parts and sub assemblies
- Perform and/or drive completion of analysis of system performance metrics both in-house and in the field, including failure modes, MTBF, MTTR, and MTBI, service labor hours, parts usage, drive improvement plan and ensure implementation and cost of service reduction
- Create procedures and documents that will be released to ensure customer service engineers, technical support engineers, and other users and support staff to be able to conduct service such as troubleshoot, maintenance, calibration, test of sub assemblies and systems
- Be the expert and go-to person for the rest service team members for your owning products, provide training to them and help when field issues are beyond their technical capabilities
- Travel to customer sites to resolve difficult issues may be required occasionally. Travel amount is estimated to be up to 25% of the time
Project Management and Leadership:
- Lead team members on specific projects, coordinate and drive group activities, provide clear status update and present at reviews to upper management, own formation of plans and implementations
- Collaborate with multi-functional groups, effectively influence decisions in other organizations
- Capital equipment, especially semiconductor process or metrology equipment
- Project management and leadership skills
- PhD degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, optics, physics, or related fields
- Consideration will be given equally to individuals with Bachelor and/or Maters degree but having demonstrated working experience as listed above
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.