Job Title: Research scientist (mechanical)
Location: Milpitas, CA
The Corporate Technology Group develops key technology used in KLA-Tencor’s inspection and metrology systems. We research, analyze and prototype key technologies such as sensors, lasers and optics. When the technology is proven to meet requirements, we work with KLA-Tencor product divisions and key suppliers to implement the technology into KLA-Tencor’s products.
- If you are selected for this position, you will work with a world-class team developing key technology for KLA-Tencor’s semiconductor inspection and metrology systems.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Proposing, analyzing and designing novel mechanical assemblies for high speed, precision positioning.
- Building and thoroughly characterizing prototypes of your designs to verify their performance.
- Working with KLA-Tencor product divisions to incorporate your designs into their inspection and metrology systems.
- Working with suppliers to incorporate your designs into systems built for KLA-Tencor.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field including 2 years’ experience designing precision mechanical assemblies.
- Must have a deep understanding of kinematics, dynamics and mechanical vibrations.
- Must be familiar with control system theory.
- Must be able to design and analyze complex mechanical assemblies.
- Must be familiar with SolidWorks or Pro/E.
- Must be able to perform simulations and analyze data using programs such as MatLab, Labview or Python.
- Must be a team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience designing capital equipment such as semiconductor manufacturing equipment is preferred.
Doctorate (Academic) in Mechanical engineering.
Please send your resumes to Vinod at firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.