Job Title: Product development engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
The Product Development Engineer will work within the Light Source Group of WIN, focusing primarily on our Broadband Plasma products. These tools are used for defect detection and yield analysis by major semiconductor manufacturers.
The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and implementing high brightness plasma light sources to support KLA-Tencor's roadmap in optical wafer inspection. This is a cross-disciplinary position: it requires working closely with multiple functional groups (mechanical, optical, electrical, etc.), and hands on work in the lab developing, testing and characterizing new light sources.
The selected candidate will:
- Build and conduct experiments on light source benches. Specify laser / optical designs. Work with vendors in developing light source solutions - 25%
- Troubleshoot system and subsystem issues and work with various subsystem teams to find and implement solutions - 25%
- Develop new light source concepts to extend the light source roadmap, and support future tools – 20%
- Work with program, marketing, and various engineering groups to define light source sub-system architecture and develop requirement specifications and test plans - 10%
- Work with functional groups to define and review designs. Create and execute test plans and perform analysis to validate light source system performance - 10%
- Support internal and external customers in implementing processes to build and use the light source tools effectively and optimize tool performance. Lead troubleshooting efforts in manufacturing and in the field - 10%
- Occasional travel to vendor and customer sites might be required.
- Strong diagnostic and trouble shooting skills in optics, opto-mechanics, and motion control systems.
- Hands on lab experience and mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills in engineering or the physical sciences
- Able to define objectives clearly, create and track schedules effectively, and drive a team to a solution.
- Must be an effective communicator: able to both share technical information with subject matter experts and provide executive level reports to management and customers.
- Familiar with scientific and statistical analysis software tools such as Matlab, JMP, Zemax, and LabView.
- Have agility and the ability to thrive on a fast paced program and respond quickly to field and internal escalations.
- Experience with lasers, plasma sources and illumination systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes and image analysis is desirable.
- May be required to lead small cross functional teams.
- MS/PhD in mechanical/electrical engineering, physics, applied optics or related disciplines desired
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Please send your resume to Vinod at firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.