Position: Senior Engineering Manager (Optics design)
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes. The FaST division is committed to support our customers to achieve performance entitlement of our solution and we effectively partner with our customers from their early research and development phase to the high volume in-line manufacturing implementation specific for their process needs. The division consists of a global team located in US, Israel, China, and India.
The optics manager will lead a group of optics design professionals, responsible for proposing, detailing, and testing new optical designs and technologies for CD and Film metrology tools of the FaST product group. This person will set a vision, own or actively participate in all critical optical system design reviews, interface with other groups (systems, ME, EE, and others) and will coach his/her group members in their professional growth. He/ she will provide leadership by owning and investigating different design options and finding the best option by evaluating tolerances. light budgets, costs, schedule, and other trade-offs. Optics is a core part of all FaST products and this manager will have a responsibility to own N+1 and N+2 optical sensor roadmap, addressing different market segments.
- Expert knowledge in designing complex UV optical systems
- Experience with leading engineering teams and leading by example
- IP development
- Understanding of semiconductor industry specifics, preferably by having prior experience with optical tools (metrology, inspection, scanners)
- Being a technical expert in at least one relevant optics area (ellipsometry, reflectometry, UV imaging systems, etc.)
- Ability to manage priorities, schedules, and to develop and communicate vision and specific plan to implement that vision
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, or Optics
- 5 or more years of semiconductor industry experience, 2 or more years in a technical management role
- Good familiarity with optics design tools (ZEMAX, Code V)
- Track of developing complex optical products starting from a concept into production release.
- Strong presentation and planning skills
Kindly send your resume to vinod at firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.