Job Title: Servo Control firmware design Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for in-line monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
We are looking for a talented electrical design engineer to join our team and contribute in the area of motion control development and subsystem integration. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated contributor that has the vision and initiative to provide technical leadership on the assigned project.
Main job functions would include:
- Motion control system and macro design
- Drive the development, test and integration of complex electrical components and subsystems (including PCBs, Cables, System interconnect) with minimal supervision.
- Actively participate in the subsystem integration process collaborating with the SW and Mechanical teams
- Write technical documentation that meets the defined quality standards for manufacturing, service as required.
- Interact with manufacturing, service teams to support a smooth product transition into manufacturing and the field
- BSEE/BSME with 5+ years, or MSEE/MSME with 4+ years or PhD EE/ME with 2+ years’ experience in electrical engineering.
- Solid knowledge of electrical engineering principles, analog and digital electronics design both at the theoretical and implementation level.
- Experience in the design, development and integration of complex electrical components and subsystems (including PCBs, Cables, System interconnect).
- Experience in analyzing motion control system requirements and define suitable system architectural partitioning to achieve optimal performances, cost and reliability.
- Experience in coordinating engineers in different disciplines (mechanical, electrical, software) to drive the resolution of complex system level issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Shows sense of urgency in completing the assigned tasks
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 2 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Please send your resume to Vinod at email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.