Job Title: Optical engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for in-line monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
- Contributes to the development of subsystem requirements for next generation architecture. Able to lead this effort for small projects. Defines subsystems requirements (flow down from higher level) tolerance interfaces.
- Write requirements for components, modules and features. Design and write specifications for optical components in a complex system. Follows complete design process, including design reviews, part procurement from vendors, testing, integration and ECO release.
- Approves designs for parts and subsystems assigned. Leads and influences design reviews up to subsystem level.
- Supports development, testing, and release of subsystem/system alignment, integration, and calibration procedures and associated tooling requirements and software features. Provides input to acceptance criteria for some incoming materials, including outsourced subsystems.
- Owns writing and release of testing, alignment, MFG and service procedures. Train MFG, Field and Service on complex tools.
- Contributes to the prototype testing by providing input to the prototype test plan and support of certain subsystems.
- Provides input or lead to resolve complex problems for both alpha and released systems. Supports major field retrofits, tool installations and large continuous improvement programs with supervision and guidance. Able to uncover root cause and to drive a team to define solutions for complex problems. Systematically document findings and feed into next generation product development.
- Able to test and qualify optical components, modules. Able to work with suppliers to improve incoming material quality and acceptance.
- Has very good problem solving ability through design of experiments and carry out tests to collect and analyze data. Able to apply the 7-step problem solving method consistently. Has excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
- Able to setup and drive small team efforts that address product-level optical issues (such as design and supplier issues, MFG escalations, or improvement projects). Or as a team member, supports the problem solving of complex issues.
- Able to support detailed analysis and trade-offs for various solutions. Able to enhance optics sub-assemblies test and alignment procedures to reduce cycle time. Able to manage MFG and field escalations with guidance.
- Has a good understanding of design review process and dfX principles and follows them. Able to manage a project BOM and ECOs, materials procurement for assigned parts and modules. Able to communicate effectively with peers, interdisciplinary engineering groups, customers, vendors and across cultures. Able to give effective technical presentations up to PLC level.
- Potential to develop necessary leadership skills and be a part of change initiative when required for key corporate, functional, and/or group initiatives.
- Experience to use tools such as Code V or Zemax is a big plus, but not required.
- Ability to conduct more complex detailed technical analysis is highly desirable but not required.
- Prior experience with wavefront error testing and interferometric testing is highly desirable but not required.
- BS degree in physics, optical engineering or closely related fields plus at least 5 years’ experience OR Master's degree plus at least 3 years experiences with semiconductor capital equipment. Direct working experience with KLA-Tencor’s broadband plasma light source based wafer inspection products is highly desirable.
BS degree in physics, optical engineering or closely related fields plus at least 5 years’ experience
Master's degree plus at least 3 years experiences with semiconductor capital equipment.
Please send your resume to Vinod at email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.