Position: Senior Applications Development Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Duration: Full time
The Optical Metrology Division products are used for optical overlay metrology. The portfolio of products includes unique solution packages which are based on hardware and software systems to enhance yield and effectiveness. As a world leader in its field of expertise, the division's products are the most advanced in performance (measurement accuracy of nanometers and below), reliability, ease of use and compatibility with other KLA-Tencor's products. KLA-Tencor (Israel) controls over 80% of the world market sales in its field, and its products are used by every major semiconductor manufacturer around the world. KLA-Tencor Israel is located in the Migdal Haemek Industrial Park. This position will be located in our business unit in Portland.
Application Development Engineer in Optical Metrology Division is responsible for:
- Developing advanced applications and algorithms for state of the art Optical Metrology systems. Overall responsibility starts at project inception and ends at the adoption in production by the customer.
- Develop test cases; characterize customers defects, new products and/or features.
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with Optical Metrology products and features.
- Providing escalation support to onsite field service engineer; Leading and coordinating remote/local troubleshooting.
- Developing recipes to model complex optical applications.
- Providing application support and training to customers directly.
- Presenting solutions to the customer
- Supporting Pre and Post Sale activities
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills, be current in the customer use case domain, have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently. Strong technical skills are required to understand the functionality and capabilities of these tools and for providing root cause analysis and potential solutions for customers. Such skills include (but are not limited to) techniques for data analysis/processing, statistical analysis as well as the ability to quickly pick up and understand customer requirements and processes.
In addition, application engineers will manage in-house customer demonstrations and head-to-head (H2H) activities at customer facilities. Applications is responsible for generating best known method documents and other training material and transferring product knowledge to K-T's worldwide Field Applications team. Work closely with many organizations including engineering, sales and marketing within K-T and with customer engineers outside K-T.
- PhD in Physics, Optical Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science
- Knowledge of at least one of the following is required: Optical systems, Semiconductor processing and Fabrication, Algorithm development and implementation in Matlab (or similar SW tool)
- Experience in the semi-conductor industry, mainly in the lithography process – is an advantage
- Travel (on average ≤ 20%) will be required
- Self-driven, yet a strong team player
- Work Location: Portland, Oregon
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.