Job Title: Field Application Engineer
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Duration: Full time
The Optical Metrology Division products are used for optical overlay metrology. The portfolio of products includes unique solution packages which are based on hardware and software systems to enhance yield and effectiveness. As a world leader in its field of expertise, the division's products are the most advanced in performance (measurement accuracy of nanometers and below), reliability, ease of use and compatibility with other KLA-Tencor's products. KLA-Tencor (Israel) controls over 80% of the world market sales in its field, and its products are used by every major semiconductor manufacturer around the world. KLA-Tencor Israel is located in the Migdal Haemek Industrial Park.
- Responsible for providing high level applications support of overlay and litho critical dimension metrology systems.
- Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with many organizations including engineering, sales and marketing within K-T and with customer engineers outside K-T.
- Conduct new product introduction projects, e.g. product characterization, alpha testing, beta testing and pilot tool support in the ramp phase.
- Provide escalation support to onsite field service engineer; leading and coordinating remote/local troubleshooting;
- Perform experiments to characterize tool/subcomponent performance and develop recipes to model complex optical applications;
- Provide application support and training to customers. Applications engineer is also responsible for generating best known method (BKM) documents and other training materials and transferring product knowledge to K-T's worldwide Field Applications team.
- In addition, applications engineer will manage in-house customer demonstrations and head-to-head (H2H) activities at customer facilities.
- Travel (more than 70%) is required to support products for domestic Japan and international including USA and Israel.
Candidate is desirable to have PHD/MS Degree in Physics, or related engineering fields, such as optics, materials science, and microelectronics. Previous experience in IC processing/Semiconductor equipment is a plus. Good project management, leadership, and interpersonal communication skills needed. Candidate must be self-driven and independent working capable, strong team player.
Please send your resumes to Vinod at email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.