Job Title: Light Source Research Scientist
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Corporate Technology Group develops key technology used in KLA-Tencor’s inspection and metrology systems. We research, analyze and prototype key technologies such as sensors, light sources and optics. When the technology is proven to meet requirements, we work with KLA-Tencor product divisions and key suppliers to implement the technology into KLA-Tencor’s products.
If you are selected for this position, you will work with a world-class team developing key technology for KLA-Tencor’s semiconductor inspection and metrology systems.
As a light source research scientist within KLA-Tencor, your responsibilities will include:
- Characterizing lasers, frequency conversion devices and laser pumped plasma light sources.
- Designing and running experiments to understand and improve the performance of light sources.
- Evaluating the data from long-term performance and stability tests.
- Developing solutions to increase the power of light sources while also improving their stability and lifetime.
- Working with KLA-Tencor product divisions to incorporate your designs into their inspection and metrology systems.
- Working with suppliers to incorporate your designs into light sources built for KLA-Tencor.
- Ph.D. in Optics or Physics with 4 years’ experience developing high performance UV light sources such as UV lasers or laser pumped plasma light sources.
- Must have a deep understanding of lasers, frequency conversion and non-linear optics.
- Must be able to perform simulations and analyze data using programs such as MatLab, Labview or Python.
- Must be a team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience designing capital equipment such as semiconductor manufacturing equipment is preferred.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 2 years of experience.
Please send your resume to Vinod at firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.