- Developing advanced applications and algorithms for state of the art Optical Metrology systems. Overall responsibility starts at project inception and ends at the adoption in production by the customer
- Develop test cases; characterize customers defects, new products and/or features.
- Provide technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with Optical Metrology products and features
- Providing escalation support to onsite field service engineer; Leading and coordinating remote/local troubleshooting
- Developing recipes to model complex optical applications
- Providing application support and training to customers directly
- Presenting solutions to the customer
- Supporting Pre and Post Sale activities
In addition, application engineers will manage in-house customer demonstrations and head-to-head (H2H) activities at customer facilities. Applications is responsible for generating best known method documents and other training material and transferring product knowledge to K-T's worldwide Field Applications team. Work closely with many organizations including engineering, sales and marketing within K-T and with customer engineers outside K-T.
PhD in Physics, Optical Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science
Knowledge of at least one of the following is required: Optical systems, Semiconductor processing and Fabrication, Algorithm development and implementation in Matlab (or similar SW tool)
Experience in the semi-conductor industry, mainly in the lithography process – is an advantage
Travel (on average ≤ 20%) will be required
Self-driven, yet a strong team player
Work Location: Portland, Oregon
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.