Position: Technical Writer
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: Full time
Our 5D patterning process control technologies control the three dimensions of the device structure, while optimizing the process control loops (time) and minimizing the expense (cost) to create the device; hence five dimensional patterning process control (5D).
The team's mission is to collaborate with our customers to innovate hardware and software technologies that detect and control process variations—at their source—rather than compensate for them at later stages of the manufacturing process. These patterning process control solutions provide the most accurate process correctable available today; providing real-time feedback and feed-forward control to improve subsequent process steps.
Why join 5D? Think of this team as a "start-up" company where you are offered the ultimate challenge to solve the most complex technical problems that enable the digital age. Yet, this "start-up" is backed by the most sophisticated and successful process control company in the semiconductor industry.
We are looking for a senior technical writer with experience in Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMaker, and Microsoft Office. The candidate must have excellent writing skills with the ability to interview engineers and scientists and produce software product documentation with minimal additional review and editing. Requirements for the position include strong verbal and written communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Experience in the semiconductor industry is a plus. Writing samples will be requested for on-site interviews.
Job duties will include:
- Writing online help including product feature overviews, window descriptions, user procedures, and API documentation
- Indexing online help topics and user manuals
- Writing and editing release notes and installation manuals
- Creating troubleshooting topics
- BS/BA in engineering disciplines, journalism, English literature or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing
- Excellent writing and strong editing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems, experience with Linux a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Adobe RoboHelp and Adobe FrameMaker
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Experience in semiconductor industry a plus
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to Raju.Balaji@kla-tencor.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.