Position: Information System Analyst- Global Supply Chain Operations
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The KLA-Tencor Information Technology Division mission is to provide innovative and differentiated solutions to help drive business growth, collaboration and productivity. Our organization consists of Business Engagement Management, Architecture, Governance and Services Support. IT partners with key suppliers and our business partners to maintain and develop new enterprise services on a global level 24/7. The IT team has opportunity to work on a wide range of assignments and projects in the development and operation of computer-based information systems, including analysis, programming and operation support, for computer based systems which touch, directly or indirectly, all parts of KLA-Tencor Enterprise.
We are currently seeking an energetic self-starter to work as a Business Process and Information Systems Analyst with emphasis on Supply Chain (SCM), Inventory, Procurement and Production Execution. This position will be located in Milpitas, CA. The Business Process and Information systems Analyst will be responsible for conducting business process analysis, process assessments, business requirements gathering and preliminary cost/benefit analysis in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. He/She will analyze business procedures, business requirements and come up with the conceptual solution approach. He/She will develop functional specifications and design documents based on the Systems Solution chosen. The successful candidate will collaborate with users and regional business systems analysts confirming project requirements, analyzing system capabilities and options, and ensuring adherence to global business processes and standards. He/She will be responsible for the configuration, enhancement, and maintenance of the Materials Management, Production Planning modules of SAP.
He/She will collaborate tightly with a highly talented & committed applications team, including technical resources from our applications development team. He/She should be an independent thinker, comfortable with sharing and accepting ideas in an open manner - and expect the same to be reciprocated. He/She must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and have an aptitude for thriving in complex situations. Lastly, he/she should enjoy working in a fast-paced, self-directed, diverse and customer service-oriented environment.
Other primary responsibilities include:
- Adheres to KT's Project Management Office guidelines and methodologies to ensure delivery of projects on-time, on or under budget and to the defined scope
- Configures, tests, debugs, installs and supports package applications
- Provide business analysis of the MM, PP modules within SAP. Prepares and maintains process design, configuration, testing, operational and training documentation
- May act in liaison capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations
- Under general supervision, carries out broad and complex assignments requiring comprehensive knowledge in the SAP functional area of specialization and of the organization in order to develop recommendations to change policies or procedures
- Works with third party Application Management Services provider to ensure knowledge transfer and assists the production support team when issues are escalated
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, and evaluating results, etc
- Communicates and meets with organizational units involved to determine specific requirements. May conduct feasibility studies for new systems development, enhancement, and maintenance
- Devises data verification methods and prepares written tests to evaluate system and process performance and to determine present and/or potential problems
- Takes appropriate action to correct problems
- Coordinates system and application installation to avoid disruption of existing activities and ensure smooth transition
- Maintains skillset and awareness of current features/functionality pertaining to his/her personal area of responsibility. Stays current on industry best business practices and continuously reviews with the business for potential application in their functional area
- Overall experience - minimum 10 years, with 4 to 5 years in Information Systems as a Business Process Analyst
- 3-5 years proven SAP experience preferred specifically in areas such as Inventory, Purchasing, Production, Forecasting and Planning
- Specific knowledge of SAP MM, PP, SRM desirable
- Information Systems Solution design and development experience in the area of Inventory, Purchasing, Production, Forecasting and Planning
- SAP configuration knowledge in the area of Inventory, Purchasing, Production, Forecasting and Planning
- Information system project leading experience
- Certification on Windows, VMware and Storage is preferred
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 10 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.