Position: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
Technical Support Position to work on ThinFilm Measurement Products. The position involves providing technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electromechanical equipment, Optical systems, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. Be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
Candidate will need to be able to work with minimum supervision and willing to travel on short notice. Candidate must have a valid passport and able to travel to other countries. Travel can be up to an excess of 50%
Candidate must be able to works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. The candidate will need to exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
- Lead large, over support/escalation projects including negotiating for resources, e.g. H2H, Eval, and beta support, and gap analysis
- Technical lead on complex system issues. Troubleshoot the most complex problems and determine remedial actions required to resolve problems
- Research, evaluate, or propose new product features in support of customer requirements. Lead in the development of new product knowledge capture. Work with Knowledge System Modelers in analysis and symptom development
- Conceptualize new approaches that may impact the product roadmap. Participate in presenting new ideas for KT consideration, acceptance and eventual implementation
- Develop tools to improve productivity; drive productivity through business process improvements
- Participate in Strategic Planning Process, e.g. Competitive Analysis, Requirements definition
- Mentor more junior/other Technical Support Engineers; drives skill improvement programs within the TS/Field organizations
- Provide Product Marketing group with technical expertise in areas such as system retrofits, system upgrades, matching guidelines, PM and Facilities information
- Develop skills for modeling symptoms and creation of knowledge data base systems.
- LKS Instructor Participation (up to 10-20% of the time or as needed)
- Target time in the fab is approx 30-60%
- Target time in training (receiving) is approx 20-40%
BS +12 years of experience or equivalent years of experience
Fluent in Korean language
BS +10 years of experience or equivalent years of experience
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.