Job Title: Director of Business Development - GSS
Location: Milpitas, CA
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
- Manage GSS service sales and business development directly to select North American and global end-customers
- Cross-functional management and interaction with regional account team and GSS organizations
- May manage other sales managers
- Explain, promote, and support negotiation strategy to senior division management
- Support KT key customer strategy and actions to meet the KT division's penetration, share, adoption and profit objectives
- Lead commercial engagements to achieve quantitative and qualitative sales objectives
- Participate in and lead needs analysis, deal development, negotiation, and closure of customer agreements
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers
- Specifically, responsible for leading business processes by the following tasks:
2. Foster commercial and operational relationships at all levels;
3. Accurately forecast business to meet bookings objectives and ultimately drive the right business behaviors;
4. Also coordinate customer visits and all customer meetings that involve division personnel
- 30-65% travel to customer sites, international locations, and K-T offices is typical
- Experience in Service/Product Sales and/or Marketing in a Capital Equipment industry (Semi Cap Equipment preferred)
- Strong business acumen and technical selling skills
- Strong ability and desire to succeed in spite of constraints; to go beyond expectations, using creativity and exceptional effort to get the job done. Consistently delivers on commitments either individually or through others.
- Strong understanding of financial, legal, and marketing fundamentals
- Advanced Excel/PowerPoint capabilities
- Strong financial/mathematical modeling skills with ability to deep dive but still maintain high-level vision/strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to turn non-specific goals into concrete tasks, and influence peers in other organizations to accomplish objectives.
- Practical working knowledge of industry recognized sales processes (ex: Miller Heiman, SPIN, Solution Selling, etc.)
- Foreign language skills a significant plus
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 10 years of management experience in a technical field or equivalent
Master's Level Degree with at least 8 years of management experience
Please send your resume to Vinod at firstname.lastname@example.org
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.